[Python-Dev] Object customization

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 00:54:24 +0200 (CEST)

Greg Stein wrote:

> Python says that you can do what you want.

'Python' says nothing. Or are you The Voice of Python? <wink>

If custom object attributes are convenient for you, then I'd suggest to
generalize the concept, because I perceived it as a limitation too, but
not for functions and methods.

I'll repeat myself:

>>> wink
<wink object at 80c5f30>
>>> wink.fraction = 1e+-1
>>> wink.fraction.precision = 1e-+1
>>> wink.compute()
0.0

Has anybody noticed that 'fraction' is a float I wanted to qualify with
a 'precision' attribute?

Again: if we're about to go that road, let's do it in one shot.
*This* is what would change my vote. I'll leave Guido to cut the
butter, or to throw it all out the window.

You're right Greg: I hardly can contribute more in this case, even if
I wanted to. Okay, +53 :-)

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr