Re[Python-Dev] #pragmas in Python source code

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 11:28:15 +0200

Mark Hammond wrote:

> I thought this implementation stemmed from Guido's desire
> to do it this way in the 1.x family, and move towards Fredrik's
> proposal for Py3k.

Right. Let's do this step by step and get some experience first.
With that gained experience we can still polish up the design
towards a compromise which best suits all our needs.

The integration of Unicode into Python is comparable to the
addition of floats to an interpreter which previously only
understood integers -- things are obviously going to be a
little different than before. Our goal should be to make
it as painless as possible and at least IMHO this can
only be achieved by gaining practical experience in this new
field first.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg