[Python-Dev] comp.lang.python.announce

Markus Fleck fleck@triton.informatik.uni-bonn.de
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 23:32:42 +0200 (MET DST)

Greg Stein:
> Nevertheless, adding more moderators is the "proper" answer to the
> problem. Even if it is difficult to get more moderators into the system,
> there doesn't seem to be a better alternative.

I agree with this. What would be helpful would be (i) a web interface for
multiple-moderator moderation (which I believe Mailman already provides),
and (ii) some rather simple changes to the list-to-newsgroup gateway to do
some header manipulations before posting each approved message to c.l.py.a.

I've been more or less "off the Net" for almost two months now, while
getting started at my new job, and I will try to do some (summary-style)
retro-moderation of the ca. 50 c.l.py.a submissions that I missed during
this time. Automating the submission process and getting additional
moderators would make c.l.py.a less dependent on me and avoid such
moderation lags in the future. (And yes, of course, I'm sorry for
the lag. But now I'm back, and I'm willing to help change the process
so that such lags won't happen again in the future. Getting additional
moderators would likely help with this.)

Yours,
Markus.