[Thread-SIG] Re: [Python-Dev] Re: marking shared-ness

Sean Jensen_Grey seanj@speakeasy.org
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:16:29 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~alan/javapp.html

Take a look at the above link. It merges the Occam model with Java and uses
'channel based' interfaces (not sure exactly what this is).

But they seem pretty exicted.

I vote for using InterlockedInc/Dec as it is available as an assembly
instruction on almost everyplatform. Could be then derive all other locking
schemantics from this?

And our portability problem is solved if it comes in the box with gcc.