[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/PCbuild winsound.dsp,NONE,1.1_socket.dsp,1.1,1.2 _sre.dsp,1.2,1.3 _tkinter.dsp,1.13,1.14 bsddb.dsp,1.9,1.10mmap.dsp,1.2,1.3 parser.dsp,1.8,1.9 pyexpat.dsp,1.2,1.3 python.dsp,1.10,1.11python16.dsp

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 10:44:31 +1000

[Greg writes]

> Rather than specifying the base address in each DSP, the
> Apache project
> has used a text file for this stuff. Here is the text file used:

Yes - I saw this in the docs for the linker when I was last playing
here.

I didnt bother with this, as it still seems to me the best longer
term approach is to use the "rebind" tool.  This would allow the
tool to select the addresses (less chance of getting them wrong),
but also would allow us to generate "debug info" for the release
builds of Python...

But I guess that in the meantime, having the linker process this
file is an improvement...

I will wait until Guido has got to my other build patches and look
into this...

Mark.