[Python-Dev] Where the speed is lost! (was: 1.6 speed)

Christian Tismer tismer@trixie.triqs.com
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:19:41 +0200

Sorry, it was not really found...

Christian Tismer wrote:
[thought he had found the speed leak]

After re-inserting all the builtin modules,
I got nearly the same result after a complete
re-build, just marginally slower.

There must something else be happening that I cannot
understand. Stackless Python upon 1.5.2+ is still
nearly 10 percent faster, regardless what I do to
Python 1.6.

Testing whether Unicode has some effect?
I changed PyUnicode_Check to always return 0.
This should optimize most related stuff away.
Result: No change at all!

Which changes were done after the pre-unicode tag,
which might really count for performance?

I'm quite desperate, any ideas?

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>