[Python-Dev] map() methods (was: Re: [Patches] Review (was: Please review before applying))

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 23:26:24 -0400

[Skip Montanaro]
> What is the status of list comprehensions in Python?  I remember some work
> being done several months ago.  They definitely don't appear to be in the
> 1.6a2.  Was there some reason to defer them until later?

Greg Ewing posted a patch to c.l.py that implemented a good start on the
proposal.  But nobody has pushed it.  I had hoped to, but ran out of time;
not sure Guido even knows about Greg's patch.

Perhaps the 1.6 source distribution could contain a new "intriguing
experimental patches" directory?  Greg's list-comp and Christian's Stackless
have enough fans that this would probably be appreciated.  Perhaps some
other things too, if we all run out of time (thinking mostly of Vladimir's
malloc cleanup and NeilS's gc).