[Python-Dev] Re: Python 1.6a2 Unicode bug

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 21:45:37 -0400 (EDT)

Mark Hammond writes:
>It is necessary for us to also have this scrag-fight in public?
>Most of the thread on c.l.py is filled in by people who are also
>py-dev members!

Attempting to walk a delicate line here, my reading of the situation
is that Fredrik's frustration level is increaing as he points out
problems, but nothing much is done about them.  Marc-Andre will
usually respond, but there's been no indication from Guido about what
to do.  But GvR might be waiting to hear from more users about their
experience with Unicode; so far I don't know if anyone has much
experience with the new code.

But why not have it in public?  The python-dev archives are publicly
available anyway, so it's not like this discussion was going on behind
closed doors.  The problem with discussing this on c.l.py is that not
everyone reads c.l.py any more due to volume.

--amk