[Python-Dev] c.l.py readership datapoint (was: Python 1.6a2 Unicode bug)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 05:41:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Just van Rossum wrote:
> At 10:27 PM -0400 26-04-2000, Tim Peters wrote:
> >Indeed, if someone from an inferior culture wants to chime in, let them find
> >Python-Dev with their own beady little eyes <wink>.
>
> All irony aside, I think you've nailed one of the problems spot on:
> - most core Python developers seem to be too busy to read *anything* at all
> in c.l.py

Datapoint: I stopped reading c.l.py almost two years ago.

For a while, I would pop up a newsreader every month or so and skim what
kinds of things were happening. That stopped at least a year or so ago.

I get a couple hundred messages a day. Another 100+ from c.l.py would be
way too much.

Cheers,
-g

--