[Python-Dev] Cookies.py in the core (was Tangent to Re: [Tutor] CGI and Python (fwd))

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 17:46:35 -0500

>     GvR> Cookie support in the core would be a good thing.

[Barry]
> I use Tim O'Malley's LGPL'd version (not as contagious as GPL'd) in
> Mailman with one important patch.  I've uploaded it to SF as patch
> #101055.  If you like it, I'm happy to check it in.

I don't have the time to judge this code myself, but hope that others
in this group do.

Are you sure it's a good thing to add LGPL'ed code to the Python
standard library though?  AFAIK it is still more restrictive than the
old CWI license and probably also more restrictive than the new CNRI
license; so it could come under scrutiny and prevent closed,
proprietary software development using Python...

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)