[Python-Dev] Fork on Win32 - was (test_fork1 failing...)

David Ascher DavidA@ActiveState.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:33:02 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

>    IIRC ActiveState contributed to Perl a version of fork that works on
> Win32. Has anyone looked at this? Could it be grabbed for Python? This would
> help heal one of the more difficult platform rifts. Emulating fork for Win32
> looks quite difficult to me but if its already done...

I've talked to Sarathy about it, and it's messy, as Perl manages PIDs
above and beyond what Windows does, among other things.  If anyone is
interested in doing that work, I can make the introduction.

--david