[Python-Dev] Cookies.py in the core

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:44:58 +0200 (CEST)

Greg Stein wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 12:52:07AM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
> > Guys, these are cookies, not brain surgery!  If people like this API,
> > couldn't someone have done a clean-room reimplementation of it in less time
> > than we've spent jockeying over the freaking license?
>
> No.

Sorry for asking this, but what "cookies in the core" means to you in
the first place?  A library module.py, C code or both?

PS: I can hardly accept the idea that cookies are necessary for normal
Web usage. I'm not against them, though. IMO, it is important to keep
control on whether they're enabled or disabled.
--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr