[Python-Dev] Breaking Test Cases on Purpose

Moshe Zadka Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 19:44:28 +0300 (IDT)

Suppose I'm fixing a bug in the library. I want peer review for my fix,
but I need none for my new "would have caught" test cases. Is it
considered alright to check-in right away the test case, breaking the test
suite, and to upload a patch to SF to fix it? Or should the patch include
the new test cases?

The XP answer would be "hey, you have to checkin the breaking test case
right away", and I'm inclined to agree.

I really want to break the standard library, just because I'm a sadist --
but seriously, we need tests that break more often, so bugs will be easier
to fix.

waiting-for-fellow-sadists-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <moshez@math.huji.ac.il>