[Python-Dev] New SRE core dump (was: SRE 0.9.8 benchmarks)

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 19:19:03 +0200

guido wrote:
> > ...but sure, I will fix that in 0.9.9 (SRE, not Python -- Christian
> > has already taken care of the other one ;-).  but 0.9.9 won't be
> > out before the 1.6b1 release...
>=20
> I assume you are planning to put the backtracking stack back in, as
> you mentioned in the checkin message?

yup -- but that'll have to wait a few more days...

> > (and to avoid scaring the hell out of the beta testers, it's =
probably
> > better to leave the test out of the regression suite until the bug =
is
> > fixed...)
>=20
> Even better, is it possible to put a limit on the recursion level
> before 1.6b1 is released (tomorrow if we get final agreement on the
> license) so at least it won't dump core?

shouldn't be too hard, given that I added a "recursion level
counter" in _sre.c revision 2.30.  I just added the necessary
if-statement.

</F>