[Python-Dev] tests for standard library modules

Thu, 3 Aug 2000 17:59:34 -0500 (CDT)

    Vlad> Hmm. Glancing quickly at trace.py, I see that half of it is
    Vlad> guessing line numbers. The same SET_LINENO problem again. This is
    Vlad> unfortunate.  But fortunately <wink>, here's another piece of
    Vlad> code, modeled after its C counterpart, that comes to Skip's rescue
    Vlad> and that works with -O.

Go ahead and check in any changes you see that need doing.  I haven't
fiddled with trace.py much in the past couple of years, so there are some
places that clearly do things different than currently accepted practice.

(I am going to be up to my ass in alligators pretty much from now through
Labor Day (early September for the furriners among us), so things I thought
I would get to probably will remain undone.  The most important thing is to
fix the list comprehensions patch to force expression tuples to be
parenthesized.  Guido says it's an easy fix, and the grammar changes seem
trivial, but fixing compile.c is beyond my rusty knowledge at the moment.
Someone want to pick this up?)

Skip