[Python-Dev] Library pragma in PC/config.h

Mark Hammond MarkH@ActiveState.com
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 12:27:32 +1000

> Does this look like the right change to everyone?  I can check it in
> (and on the 1.6 branch too) if it looks OK.

I have no problems with this (but am a little confused - see below)

> While I have your attention, Rene also suggests the convention of
> "bcpp_python20.lib" for the Borland-format lib file, with other
> compilers (library formats) supported in future similarly.  Works for me
> -- anyone have any problems with that?

I would prefer python20_bcpp.lib, but that is not an issue.

I am a little confused by the intention, tho.  Wouldnt it make sense to
have Borland builds of the core create a Python20.lib, then we could keep
the pragma in too?

If people want to use Borland for extensions, can't we ask them to use that
same compiler to build the core too?  That would seem to make lots of the
problems go away?

But assuming there are good reasons, I am happy.  It wont bother me for
some time yet ;-) <just deleted a rant about the fact that anyone on
Windows who values their time in more than cents-per-hour would use MSVC,
but deleted it ;->

Sometimes-the-best-things-in-life-arent-free ly,

Mark.