[Python-Dev] Library pragma in PC/config.h

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 23:54:47 -0400

[Neil Hodgson]
>    I've never regretted ensuring that Scintilla/SciTE build on
> Windows with each of MSVC, Borland and GCC. It wasn't much work
> and real problems have been found by the extra checks done by
> Borland.
>
>    You-should-try-it-sometime-ly y'rs,

Indeed, the more compilers the better.  I've long wished that Guido would
leave CNRI, and find some situation in which he could hire people to work on
Python full-time.  If that ever happens, and he hires me, I'd like to do
serious work to free the Windows build config from such total dependence on
MSVC.