[Python-Dev] Re: Python 2.0 and Stackless

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 19:46:00 -0400

Just van Rossum <just@letterror.com>:
> Christian has done an amazing piece of work, and he's gotten much
> praise from the community. I mean, if you *are* looking for a killer
> feature to distinguish 1.6 from 2.0, I'd know where to look...

I must say I agree.  Something pretty similar to Stackless Python is
going to have to happen anyway for the language to make its next major
advance in capability -- generators, co-routining, and continuations.

I also agree that this is a more important debate, and a harder set of
decisions, than the PEPs.  Which means we should start paying attention
to it *now*.
--

I don't like the idea that the police department seems bent on keeping
a pool of unarmed victims available for the predations of the criminal