[Python-Dev] math.rint bites the dust

Peter Schneider-Kamp nowonder@nowonder.de
Sun, 06 Aug 2000 23:18:22 +0000

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> After a brief consult with Tim, I've decided to drop math.rint() --
> it's not standard C, can't be implemented in portable C, and its
> naive (non-IEEE-754-aware) effect can easily be had in other ways.

If this is because of Bug #111162, things can be fixed easily.
(as I said in another post just some minutes ago, I just
need to recommit the changes made after cnri-16-start.)

I wouldn't be terribly concerned about its (maybe temporary)
death, though. After I learned more about it I am sure I
want to use round() rather than math.rint().

floating-disap-point-ed-ly y'rs
Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter@schneider-kamp.de