[Python-Dev] Pickling using XML as output format

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 12:07:09 +0200

"M.-A. Lemburg" wrote:

> Moshe Zadka wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> >
> > > Before starting to reinvent the wheel:
> >
> > Ummmm......I'd wait for some DC guy to chime in: I think Zope had
> > something like that. You might want to ask around on the Zope lists
> > or search zope.org.
> >
> > I'm not sure what it has and what it doesn't have, though.
>
> I'll download the latest beta and check this out.

Ok, Zope has something called ppml.py which aims at converting
Python pickles to XML. It doesn't really pickle directly to XML
though and e.g. uses the Python encoding for various objects.

I guess, I'll start hacking away at my own xmlpickle.py
implementation with the goal of making Python pickles
editable using a XML editor.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg