[Python-Dev] Stackless Python - Pros and Cons

Vladimir Marangozov Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:38:32 +0200 (CEST)

Gordon McMillan wrote:

> But I can't figure out what the h*ll is being PEPed.
> Assuming that stackless can get along with GC,

As long as frames are not considered for GC, don't worry about GC.

> ceval.c and grammar changes (or Christian can make it so), it seems to
> me the PEPable issue is whether the value this can add is
> worth the price of a less linear implementation.

There's an essay + paper available, slides and an implementation.
What's the problem about formalizing this in a PEP and addressing
the controversial issues + explaining how they are dealt with?

I mean, if you're a convinced long-time Stackless user and everything
is obvious for you, this PEP should try to convince the rest of us --
so write it down and ask no more <wink>.

--
       Vladimir MARANGOZOV          | Vladimir.Marangozov@inrialpes.fr