[Python-Dev] Task Manager on SourceForge

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 10:42:32 +0200

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 12:57:02AM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:

> Don't know anything more about it.  It appears you can set up a web of tasks
> under a "subproject", with fields for who's assigned, percent complete,
> status, hours of work, priority, start & end dates, and a list of tasks each
> task depends on.

Well, it seems mildly useful... It's missing some things that would make it
fairly useful (per-subtask and per-project todo-list, where you an say 'I
need help with this' and such things, the ability to attach patches to
subtasks (which would be useful for 'my' task of adding augmented
assignment ;) and probably more) but I can imagine why SF didn't include all
that (yet) -- it's a lot of work to do right, and I'm not sure if SF has
much projects of the size that needs a project manager like this ;)

But unless Guido and the rest of the PyLab team want to keep an overview of
what us overseas or at least other-state lazy bums are doing by trusting us
to keep a webpage up to date rather than informing the mailing list, I don't
think we'll see much use for it. If you *do* want such an overview, it might
be useful. In which case I'll send out some RFE's on my wishes for the
project manager ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>