[Python-Dev] Task Manager on SourceForge

Guido van Rossum guido@beopen.com
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 07:30:43 -0500

> Under the "what the heck" theory, I enabled the Task Manager on the Python
> project -- beware the 6-hour delay!  Created two "subprojects" in it, P1.6
> and P2, for tasks generally related to finishing the Python 1.6 and 2.0
> releases, respectively.

Beauuuutiful!

> Don't know anything more about it.  It appears you can set up a web of tasks
> under a "subproject", with fields for who's assigned, percent complete,
> status, hours of work, priority, start & end dates, and a list of tasks each
> task depends on.
>
> If anyone can think of a use for it, be my guest <wink>.

I played with it a bit.  I added three tasks under 1.6 that need to be
done.

> I *suspect* everyone already has admin privileges for the Task Manager, but
> can't be sure.  Today I couldn't fool either Netscape or IE5 into displaying
> the user-permissions Admin page correctly.  Everyone down to "lemburg" does
> have admin privs for TaskMan, but from the middle of MAL's line on on down
> it's all empty space for me.

That must be a Windows limitation on how many popup menus you can
have.  Stupid Windows :-) !  This looks fine on Linux in Netscape (is
there any other browser :-) ?  and indeed the permissions are set
correctly.

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.pythonlabs.com/~guido/)