[Python-Dev] Re: [Patches] [Patch #101135] 'import x as y' and 'from x import y as z'

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 17:03:51 -0400

Neil Schemenauer <nascheme@enme.ucalgary.ca>:
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 01:14:52PM -0700, noreply@sourceforge.net wrote:
> > Patch #101135 has been updated.
> >
> > Project:
> > Category: core (C code)
>
> +1.  This is much more useful and clear than setdefault (which I was -1
> on, not that it matters).

I'm +0 on this.
--

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit
the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms.  History teaches that all