[Python-Dev] *.dsp and *.dsw are treated by CVS as binary. Why?

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 11:13:45 +0200

guido wrote:
> I think I made them binary during the period when I was mounting the
> Unix source directory on a Windows machine.  I don't do that any more
> and I don't know anyone who does

we do.

trent wrote:
> > Does anybody see any problems treating them as text files?

developer studio 5.0 does:

    "This makefile was not generated by Developer Studio"

    "Continuing will create a new Developer Studio project to
    wrap this makefile. You will be prompted to save after the
    new project has been created".

    "Do you want to continue"

    (click yes)

    "The options file (.opt) for this workspace specified a project
    configuration "... - Win32 Alpha Release" that no longer exists.
    The configuration will be set to "... - Win32 Debug"

    (click OK)

    (click build)

    "MAKE : fatal error U1052: file '....mak' not found"

</F>