[Python-Dev] Directions for reproducing the coredump

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 07:22:55 -0400

Tim Peters <tim_one@email.msn.com>:
> If this is the problem, note that ways to detect such kinds of unbounded
> recursion have been discussed here within the last week.  You're a clever
> enough fellow that I have to suspect you concocted this test case as a way
> to support the more extreme of those proposals without just saying "+1"
> <wink>.

I may be that clever, but I ain't that devious.  I'll try the suggested
fix.  Very likely you're right, though the location of the core dump
is peculiar if this is the case.  It's inside bound_from_constraint(),
whereas in your scenario I'd expect it to be in the Requirement method code.
--

The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus by the Supreme
Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the