[Python-Dev] noreply@sourceforge.net: [Python-bugs-list] [Bug #111620] lots of use of send() without verifyi ng amount of d

Gordon McMillan gmcm@hypernet.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 09:16:47 -0400

Fredrik wrote:

> fwiw, if "send" may send less than the full buffer in blocking
> mode on some platforms (despite what the specification implies),
> it's quite interesting that *nobody* has ever noticed before...

I noticed, but I expected it, so had no reason to comment. The
Linux man pages are the only specification of send that I've
seen that don't make a big deal out it. And clearly I'm not the
only one, otherwise there would never have been a bug report
(he didn't experience it, he just noticed sends without checks).

- Gordon