[Python-Dev] you may have some PCbuild hiccups

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 21:31:20 -0400

[Trent Mick]
> Recently I spearheaded a number of screw ups in the PCbuild/
> directory.

Let's say the intent was laudable but the execution a bit off the mark
<wink>.

[binary -> text -> binary again]
> NOTE: You have to delete the *whole* PCbuild\ directory, not just
> its contents. The PCbuild\CVS control directory is part of what you
> have to re-get.

Actually, I don't think you have to bother this time -- just do a regular
update.  The files *were* marked as text this time around, but there is no
"sticky bit" saying so in the local config, so a plain update replaces them
now.

OK, I made most of that up.  But a plain update did work fine for me ...