[Python-Dev] RE: list comprehensions (was parsers and compilers for 2.0)

esr@thyrsus.com esr@thyrsus.com
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:59:08 -0400

Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>:
> Like I said, I'm not arguing against listcomprehensions, I'm just saying I'm
> sorry we didn't get yet another debate on syntax ;) Having said that, I'll
> step back and let Eric's predicted doom fall over Python; hopefully we are
> wrong and you all are right :-)

Now, now.  I'm not predicting the doom of Python as a whole, just that
listcomp syntax will turn out to have been a bad, limiting mistake.
--

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our
liberties. We hold this prudent jealousy to be the first duty of