[Python-Dev] test_popen2 on Windows

Mark Hammond MarkH@ActiveState.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 18:08:33 +1000

> Ain't no "cat" on Win98!  The test is specific to Unix
> derivatives.  Other than that, popen2 is working for me

heh - I noticed that yesterday, then lumped it in the too hard basket.

What I really wanted was for test_popen2 to use python itself for the
sub-process.  This way, commands like 'python -c "import sys;sys.exit(2)"'
could test the handle close semantics, for example.  I gave up when I
realized I would probably need to create temp files with the mini-programs.

I was quite confident that if I attempted this, I would surely break the
test suite on a few platforms.  I wasn't brave enough to risk those
testicles of wrath at this stage in the game <wink>

Mark.