[Python-Dev] Call for reviewer!

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:19:23 -0400

There are 5 open & related patches to getopt.py:  101106 thru 101110
inclusive.  Who wants to review these?  Fair warning in advance that Guido
usually hates adding stuff to getopt, and the patch comment

    I examined the entire 1.6b1 tarball for incompatibilities,
    and found only 2 in 90+ modules using getopt.py.

probably means it's dead on arrival (2+% is infinitely more than 0% <0.1
wink>).

On that basis alone, my natural inclination is to reject them for lack of
backward compatibility.  So let's get some votes and see whether there's
sufficient support to overcome that.