[Python-Dev] Re: [Patches] [Patch #101175] Fix slight bug in the Ref manual docs on listcomprehensions

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 07:34:29 +0200

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 12:13:00AM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:

> > This is the second gratuitous change that's been made to my
> > LC syntax without any apparent debate.
>
> The syntax hasn't been changed yet -- this *is* the debate.  I won't say any
> more about it, let's hear what others think.

It'd be nice to hear *what* the exact syntax issue is. At first I thought
you meant forcing parentheses around all forms of iterator expressions, but
apparently you mean requiring at least a single 'for' statement in a
listcomp ?

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>