[Python-Dev] Re: [Patches] [Patch #101175] Fix slight bug in the Ref manual docs on listcomprehensions

Wed, 16 Aug 2000 11:43:44 -0500 (CDT)

    Tim> Well, Jeez, Greg -- Skip took over the patch, Ping made changes to
    Tim> it after, I got stuck with the PEP and the Python-Dev rah-rah
    Tim> stuff, and you just sit back and snipe.  That's fine, you're
    Tim> entitled, but if you choose not to do the work anymore, you took
    Tim> yourself out of the loop.

Tim,

I think that's a bit unfair to Greg.  Ages ago Greg offered up a prototype
implementation of list comprehensions based upon a small amount of
discussion on c.l.py.  I took over the patch earlier because I wanted to see
it added to Python (originally 1.7, which is now 2.0).  I knew it would
languish or die if someone on python-dev didn't shepherd it.  I was just get
the thing out there for discussion, and I knew that Greg wasn't on
python-dev to do it himself, which is where most of the discussion about
list comprehensions has taken place.  When I've remembered to, I've tried to
at least CC him on threads I've started so he could participate.  My
apologies to Greg for not being more consistent in that regard.  I don't
think we can fault him for not having been privy to all the discussion.

Skip