[Python-Dev] Pending patches for 2.0

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 22:55:53 +0200

I have a small problem with the number of pending patches that I wrote, and
haven't fully finished yet: I'm going to be away on vacation from about
September 1st until about October 1st or so ;P I'll try to finish them as
much as possible before then (they mostly need just documentation anyway)
but if Guido decides to go for a different approach for one or more of them
(like allowing floats and/or longs in range literals) someone will have to
take them over to finish them in time for 2.0.

I'm not sure when I'll be leaving my internet connection behind, where we'll
be going or when I'll be back, but I won't be able to do too much rewriting
in the next two weeks either -- work is killing me. (Which is one of the
reasons I'm going to try to be as far away from work as possible, on
September 2nd ;) However, if a couple of patches are rejected/postponed and
others don't require substantial changes, and if those decisions are made
before, say, August 30th, I think I can move them into the CVS tree before
leaving and just shove the responsibility for them on the entire dev team ;)

This isn't a push to get them accepted ! Just a warning that if they aren't
accepted before then, someone will have to take over the breastfeeding ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>