[Python-Dev] PEP 214, extended print statement

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:35:03 -0400 (EDT)

    TW> Agreed. It might be technically unambiguous, but I think it's
    TW> too hard for a *human* to parse this correctly. The '>>'
    TW> version might seem more C++ish and less pythonic, but it also
    TW> stands out a lot more. The 'print from' statement could easily
    TW> (and more consistently, IMHO ;) be written as 'print <<' (not
    TW> that I like the 'print from' idea, though.)

I also played around with trying to get the grammar and parser to
recognize 'print to' and variants, and it seemed difficult and
complicated.  So I'm back to -0 on 'print to' and +1 on 'print >>'.

-Barry