[Python-Dev] Include/config.h in CVS

Charles G Waldman cgw@fnal.gov
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 17:07:28 -0500 (CDT)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. writes:

 >   -sigh-  Is there an entry for config.h in the CVS/entries file?  If
 > so, surgically remove it, then delete the config.h, then try the
 > update again.

Yes, this entry was present, I removed it as you suggested.

Now, when I do cvs update the config.h doesn't reappear, but I still
see "needs checkout" if I ask for cvs status:

buffalo:Include$ cvs status config.h
File: no file config.h          Status: Needs Checkout

   Working revision:    No entry for config.h
   Repository revision: 2.1     /cvsroot/python/python/dist/src/Include/Attic/config.h,v

I keep my local CVS tree updated daily, I never use any kind of sticky
tags, and haven't seen this sort of problem at all, up until today.
Today I also noticed the CVS server responding very slowly, so I
suspect that something may be wrong with the server.