[Python-Dev] pthreads question: typedef ??? pthread_t and hacky return statements

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 17:19:17 -0700

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 09:59:18AM +1000, Mark Hammond wrote:
> > IOW, an x-plat TLS is going to be done at some point. If you need it now,
> > then please do it now. That will help us immeasurably in the long run.
>
> I just discovered the TLS code in the Mozilla source tree.  This could be a
> good place to start.
>
> The definitions are in mozilla/nsprpub/pr/include/prthread.h, and I include
> some of this file below...  I can confirm this code works _with_ Python -
> but I have no idea how hard it would be to distill it _into_ Python!
>
> Then-we-just-need-Tim-to-check-the-license-for-us<wink> ly,

The NPL is not compatible with the Python license. While we could use their
API as a guide for our own code, we cannot use their code.

The real question is whether somebody has the time/inclination to sit down
now and write an x-plat TLS for Python. Always the problem :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/