[Python-Dev] pthreads question: typedef ??? pthread_t and hacky return statements

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 02:30:40 -0400

[Greg Stein]
> IOW, an x-plat TLS is going to be done at some point. If you need it now,
> then please do it now. That will help us immeasurably in the long run.

It appears that a correct thread.get_ident() for DEC threads needed it 6
years ago (or at least that would have been-- and remains --the most elegant
way to solve it).  Trent doesn't need it to fix Monterey, though -- his only
problem there is that the Alpha hack doesn't work on his platform, due to
the former's utter bogosity.  From Trent's POV, I bet the one-liner
workaround sounds more appealing.