[Python-Dev] 'import as'

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:30:49 +0200

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 09:35:17AM +0200, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> thomas wrote:
> > I have two remaining issues regarding the 'import as' statement, which I'm
> > just about ready to commit.

> has this been tested with import hooks?

Not really, I'm afraid. I don't know how to use import hooks ;-P But nothing
substantial changed, and I took care to make sure 'find_from_args' gave the
same information, still. For what it's worth, the test suite passed fine,
but I don't know if there's a test for import hooks in there.

> what's passed to the __import__ function's fromlist argument
> if you do "from spam import egg as bacon"?

The same as 'from spam import egg', currently. Better ideas are welcome, of
course, especially if you know how to use import hooks, and how they
generally are used. Pointers towards the right sections are also welcome.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>