[Python-Dev] serious bug in new import X as Y code

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 18:41:31 +0200

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 05:06:37PM +0200, Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
> Ok, problem solved.

> The problem was that because of your (I think it was you :-) earlier
> change to have a Makefile in Grammar, I had an old graminit.c lying
> around in my build directory.

Right. That patch was mine, and I think we should remove it again :P We
aren't changing Grammar *that* much, and we'll just have to 'make Grammar'
individually. Grammar now also gets re-made much too often (though that
doesn't really present any problems, it's just a tad sloppy.) Do we really
want that in the released package ?

The Grammar dependency can't really be solved until dependencies in general
are handled better (or at all), especially between directories. It'll only
create more Makefile spaghetti :P
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>