[Python-Dev] serious bug in new import X as Y code

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 15:05:29 -0400

[/F]
> is the Windows build system updated to generate new
> graminit files if the Grammar are updated?

No, not yet.

> or is python development a unix-only thingie these days?

It pretty much always has been!  Just ask Jack <wink>.  It's unreasonable to
expect Unix(tm) weenies to keep the other builds working (although vital
that they tell Python-Dev when they do something "new & improved"), and
counterproductive to imply that their inability to do so should deter them
from improving the build process on their platform.  In some ways, building
is more pleasant under Windows, and if turnabout is fair play the Unix
droids could insist we build them a honking powerful IDE <wink>.