[Python-Dev] RE: Introducing memprof (was PyErr_NoMemory)

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 15:11:11 -0400

[Tim, on PyErr_NoMemory]
> Looks good to me.  And if it breaks something, it will be darned hard to
> tell <wink>.

[Vladimir Marangozov]
> It's easily demonstrated with the memprof.c module I'd like to introduce
> quickly here.
>
> Note: I'll be out of town next week and if someone wants to
> play with this, tell me what to do quickly: upload a (postponed) patch
> which goes in pair with obmalloc.c, put it in a web page or remain
> quiet.
>
> The object allocator is well tested, the memory profiler is not so
> thouroughly tested... The interface needs more work IMHO, but it's
> already quite useful and fun in it's current state <wink>.

My bandwidth is consumed by 2.0 issues, so I won't look at it.  On the
chance that Guido gets hit by a bus, though, and I have time to kill at his
funeral, it would be nice to have it available on SourceForge.  Uploading a
postponed patch sounds fine!