[Python-Dev] serious bug in new import X as Y code

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 21:37:36 +0200

tim peters wrote:

> [/F]
> > is the Windows build system updated to generate new
> > graminit files if the Grammar are updated?
>
> No, not yet.
>
> > or is python development a unix-only thingie these days?
>
> It pretty much always has been!  Just ask Jack <wink>.  It's unreasonable to
> expect Unix(tm) weenies to keep the other builds working (although vital
> that they tell Python-Dev when they do something "new & improved"), and
> counterproductive to imply that their inability to do so should deter them
> from improving the build process on their platform.

well, all I expect from them is that the repository should
be in a consistent state at all time.

(in other words, never assume that just because generated
files are rebuilt by the unix makefiles, they don't have to be
checked into the repository).

for a moment, sjoerd's problem report made me think that
someone had messed up here...  but I just checked, and
he hadn't ;-)

</F>