[Python-Dev] serious bug in new import X as Y code

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 17:13:29 -0400

[Thomas Wouters]
> No, and that's one more reason to reverse my patch ! :-) Note
> that I didn't *add* the Makefile, I only added Grammar to the
> directories-to-run-make-in-by-default.
> The reason it was added was the multitude of Grammar-changing
> patches on SF, and the number of people that forgot to run 'make'
> in Grammar/ after applying them. I mentioned adding Grammar/ to
> the directories to be made, Guido said it was a good idea, and
> noone complained to it until after it was added ;P

And what exactly is the complaint?  It's nice to build things that are out
of date;  I haven't used Unix(tm) for some time, but I vaguely recall that
was "make"'s purpose in life <wink>.  Or is it that the grammar files are
getting rebuilt unnecessarily?

> My-boss-doesn't-pay-me-to-work-on-Windows-ly y'rs,

Your boss *pays* you?!  Wow.  No wonder you get so much done.