[Python-Dev] BSDDB 3 module now somewhat functional

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 02:11:52 -0400

[esr]
> I'm +1 for slipping this one in under the wire, if it matters.

[Moshe Zadka]
> I think this is a job for PAL (aka PEP206) -- PAL hasn't feature freezed
> yet, which makes it the perfect place to get stuff for 2.0.

I may be an asshole, but I'm not an idiot:  note that the planned release
date (PEP 200) for 2.0b1 is a week from Monday.  And since there is only one
beta cycle planned, *nothing* goes in except bugfixes after 2.0b1 is
released.  Guido won't like that, but he's not the release manager, and when
I'm replaced by the real release manager on Tuesday, he'll agree with me on
this and Guido will get noogied to death if he opposes us <wink>.

So whatever tricks you want to try to play, play 'em fast.

not-that-i-believe-the-beta-release-date-will-be-met-anyway-
    but-i-won't-admit-that-until-after-it-slips-ly y'rs  - tim