[Python-Dev] serious bug in new import X as Y code

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 11:41:14 +0200

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 11:22:28AM +0200, Sjoerd Mullender wrote:

> I'd say, go back to the old situation, possibly with a simple Makefile
> rule added so that you *can* build graminit, but one that is not used
> automatically.

That *is* the old situation. The rule of making graminit as a matter of
course was for convenience with patches that change grammar. Now that most
have been checked in, and we've seen what havoc and confusion making
graminit automatically can cause, I'm all for going back to that too ;)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>