[Python-Dev] Re: compile.c: problem with duplicate argument bugfix

Peter Schneider-Kamp nowonder@nowonder.de
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 08:30:02 +0000

Charles G Waldman wrote:

> I'm catching up on the python-dev archives and see your message.
>
> Note that I submitted a patch back in May to fix this same problem:
>
>  http://www.python.org/pipermail/patches/2000-May/000638.html
>
> There you will find a working patch, and a detailed discussion which
> explains why your approach results in a core-dump.

I had a look. This problem was fixed by removing the call to
PyErr_Clear() from (at that time) line 359 in Objects/object.c.

If you think your patch is a better solution/still needed, please
explain why. Thanks anyway.

> I submitted this patch back before Python moved over to SourceForge,
> there was a small amount of discussion about it and then the word from
> Guido was "I'm too busy to look at this now", and the patch got
> dropped on the floor.

a-patch-manager-can-be-a-good-thing---even-web-based-ly y'rs
Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp          ++47-7388-7331
Herman Krags veg 51-11        mailto:peter@schneider-kamp.de