[Python-Dev] ANN: BerkeleyDB 2.9.0 (experimental)

Mon, 21 Aug 2000 09:57:54 +0200

Hi Andrew,

I just downloaded your new module, and found a few problems with it:

- bsddb3.db.hashopen does not work, as Db() is called with no
  arguments; it expects at least one argument. The same holds for btopen
  and rnopen.

- The Db() function should accept None as an argument (or no argument),
  as invoking db_create with a NULL environment creates a "standalone
  database".

- Error recovery appears to be missing; I'm not sure whether this is
  the fault of the library or the fault of the module, though:

>>> from bsddb3 import db
>>> e=db.DbEnv()
>>> e.open("/tmp/aaa",db.DB_CREATE)
>>> d=db.Db(e)
>>> d.open("foo",db.DB_HASH,db.DB_CREATE)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
_bsddb.error: (22, 'Das Argument ist ung\374ltig')
>>> d.open("foo",db.DB_HASH,db.DB_CREATE)
zsh: segmentation fault  python

BTW, I still don't know what argument exactly was invalid ...

Regards,
Martin