[Python-Dev] configure.in, C++ and Linux

Mon, 21 Aug 2000 11:06:16 -0400

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 12:48:09AM +1000, Mark Hammond wrote:
>Digging a little deeper, I find that config/Makefile.pre.in and
>config/makesetup both have references to CCC that account for the
>references in my Makefile.  Unfortunately, my knowledge doesnt yet stretch
>to knowing exactly where these files come from :-)

The Makefile.pre.in is probably from Misc/Makefile.pre.in, which has a
reference to $(CCC); Modules/Makefile.pre.in is more up to date and
uses $(CXX).  Modules/makesetup also refers to $(CCC), and probably
needs to be changed to use $(CXX), matching Modules/Makefile.pre.in.

Given that we want to encourage the use of the Distutils,
Misc/Makefile.pre.in should be deleted to avoid having people use it.

--amk