[Python-Dev] 2.0 Release Plans

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@beopen.com
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 12:01:32 -0400 (EDT)

    M> Does this mean I can still splip in that minor patch to allow
    M> for attribute doc-strings in 2.0b1 provided I write up a short
    M> PEP really fast ;-) ?

Well, it's really the 2.0 release manager's job to disappoint you, so
I won't. :) But yes a PEP would probably be required.  However, after
our group meeting yesterday, I'm changing the requirements for PEP
number assignment.  You need to send me a rough draft, not just an
abstract (there's too many incomplete PEPs already).

    M> BTW, what the new standard on releasing ideas to dev public ?
    M> I know I'll have to write a PEP, but where should I put the
    M> patch ? Into the SF patch manager or on a separate page on the
    M> Internet ?

Better to put the patches on SF.

-Barry